Iran warns the U.S. of all-out war if it retaliates for attacks on Saudi oil fields

Comment by Jim Campbell

September 19th, 2019

The above warning is laughable.

The U.S. will likely participate in some sort of a retaliatory action with the Saudis perhaps by launching missiles from its nuclear submarines.

The only statement that may be true in this piece of propaganda is that the Middle East is in too fragile a state to deal with war in its countries.

If war is declared upon them it will be quick, with multiple strikes hitting their nuclear facilities and oil production plants.

A direct hit on Tehran where the mullahs conduct their business would have a nice Reaganesque touch to it symbolic of when he put a missile into Gadaffi’s tent, killing his daughter.

FILE – In this Aug. 29, 2019 file photo, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif attends a forum titled “Common Security in the Islamic World” in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

In an interview published by U.S. News and World Report, Thursday, Sept. 19, 2019, Zarif warned that any U.S. or Saudi military strike on Iran will result in “all-out war.”

It comes after U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called an attack on Saudi oil installations an “act of war.” (AP Photo/Vincent Thian, File) The Associated Press

US News and World Report

By JON GAMBRELL,

September 19th, 2019

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Any attack on Iran by the U.S. or Saudi Arabia will spark an “all-out war,” Tehran’s top diplomat warned Thursday, raising the stakes as Washington and Riyadh weigh a response to a drone-and-missile strike on the kingdom’s oil industry that shook global energy markets.

A worker rides a bicycle in front of the reactor building of the Bushehr nuclear power plant in southwestern Iran.

The comments by Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif represented the starkest warning yet by Iran in a long summer of mysterious attacks and incidents following the collapse of Iran’s 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, more than a year after President Donald Trump unilaterally withdrew the U.S. from the accord.

Cracking towers and chimneys stand at the processing plant at the Persian Gulf Star Co. gas condensate refinery in Bandar Abbas, Iran.(Bloomberg)

They appeared to be aimed directly at U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who while on a trip to the region earlier referred to Saturday’s attack in Saudi Arabia as an “act of war.”

Along with the sharp language, however, there also were signals from both sides of wanting to avoid a confrontation.

In his comments, Zarif sought to expose current strains between the Americans and the Saudis under Trump, who long has criticized U.S. wars in the Middle East.

Trump’s close relationship with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has been challenged by opponents following the killing of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi last year in the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul and the kingdom’s long, bloody war in Yemen.

That country’s Houthi rebels claimed the oil field attack Saturday in Saudi Arabia, although the U.S. alleges Iran carried it out.

“I think it is important for the Saudi government to understand what they’re what they’re trying to achieve.

Do they want to fight Iran until the last American soldier? Is that their aim?” Zarif asked in a CNN interview.

“They can be assured that this won’t be the case … because Iran will defend itself.”

Asked by the broadcaster what would be the consequence of a U.S. or Saudi strike, Zarif bluntly said: “An all-out war.”

“I’m making a very serious statement that we don’t want war. We don’t want to engage in a military confrontation,” he said. “We believe that a military confrontation based on deception is awful.”

Zarif added: “We’ll have a lot of casualties, but we won’t blink to defend our territory.”

Pompeo, who was in the United Arab Emirates, dismissed Zarif’s remarks, saying: “I was here (doing) active diplomacy while the foreign minister of Iran is threatening all-out war to fight to the last American.”

Pompeo said he hoped Iran would choose a path toward peace, but he remained doubtful. He described “an enormous consensus in the region” that Iran carried out the attack.

“There are still those today who think, ‘Boy, if we just give Iran just a little bit more money they’ll become a peaceful nation,'” he said. “We can see that that does not work.”

Pompeo met Abu Dhabi’s powerful crown prince, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

The UAE is a close ally of Saudi Arabia and joined the kingdom in its war with the Houthi rebels in Yemen.

The 4-year-old war has killed tens of thousands of people and destroyed much of the country, with millions more driven from their homes and thrown into near starvation.

On Wednesday, Pompeo met with the Saudi crown prince in Jiddah about the attack on the kingdom’s crucial oil processing facility and oil field, which cut its oil production in half.

While Pompeo struck a hard line, Trump has been noncommittal on whether he would order U.S. military retaliation.

He said separately Wednesday that he is moving to increase financial sanctions on Tehran over the attack, without elaborating.

Iran already is subject to a crushing American sanctions program targeting its crucial oil industry.

The UAE said it had joined a U.S.-led coalition to protect waterways across the Middle East after the attack in Saudi Arabia.

The state-run WAM news agency quoted Salem al-Zaabi of the Emirati Foreign Ministry as saying the UAE joined the coalition to “ensure global energy security and the continued flow of energy supplies to the global economy.”

Saudi Arabia joined the coalition on Wednesday. Australia, Bahrain and the United Kingdom also are taking part.

The U.S. formed the coalition after attacks on oil tankers that Washington blamed on Tehran, as well as Iran’s seizure of tankers in the region.

Iran denies being behind the tanker explosions, although the attacks came after Tehran threatened to stop oil exports from the Persian Gulf.

Iraq said it would not join the coalition.

The government in Baghdad, which is allied with both Iran and the U.S., has tried to keep a neutral stance amid the tensions.

At a news conference Wednesday, the Saudis displayed broken and burned drones and pieces of a cruise missile that military spokesman Col. Turki Al-Malki identified as Iranian weapons collected after the attack.

He also played surveillance video that he said showed a drone coming in from the north. Yemen is to the south of Saudi Arabia.

Eighteen drones and seven cruise missiles were launched in the assault, Al-Malki said, with three missiles failing to hit their targets.

He said the cruise missiles had a range of 700 kilometers (435 miles), meaning they could not have been fired from inside Yemen.

That opinion was shared by weapons experts who spoke to The Associated Press .

French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian similarly was skeptical of the Houthi claim of responsibility.

“This is not very credible, relatively speaking,” he told CNews television.

“But we sent our experts to have our own vision of things.”

Separately, a U.N. panel of experts on Yemen arrived in Saudi Arabia to investigate the attack, U.N. spokesman Farhan Haq said.

THE END

___

About JCscuba

I am firmly devoted to bringing you the truth and the stories that the mainstream media ignores. Together we can restore our constitutional republic to what the founding fathers envisioned and fight back against the progressive movement. Obama nearly destroyed our country economically, militarily coupled with his racism he set us further on the march to becoming a Socialist State. Now it's up to President Trump to restore America to prominence. Republicans who refuse to go along with most of his agenda RINOs must be forced to walk the plank, they are RINOs and little else.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Iran warns the U.S. of all-out war if it retaliates for attacks on Saudi oil fields

  1. Dave the Differentiator says:

    This is nonsense! There are numerous satellites above this region and anything that goes up into the air is closely monitored. Any troop movements, any vehicle movements are all very closely monitored. It is well known and verified as to where the so-called missiles came from.

    The bigger question is “Now What?” Iran is not capable of an offensive was and as a country is broke and starving.

    If Iran was foolish enough to continue its stupidity, assuming it was the aggressor, then the entire country could be eliminated from the threat by American forces. The American Navy has multiple ships in the area – Carrier Groups which have massive fire power. The technology advancements since Reagan was President have increased geometrically. As the situation now exists, President Trump has made his position very clear. The economic sanctions will increase. America may even send food and water to Iran in a Humanitarian jester. No war and we will make sure you do not starve to death. A sort of win – win solution for the near term.

    Like

  2. That country will NEVER stop until someone turns it in to a LAKE OF GLASS!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.