Two More American Heroes Lose Their Lives to the War in Afghanistan

crew-2231211The war began on September 11, 2001, and continues today with no end in sight.

It seems in retrospect,U.S. and coalition forces might have reevaluated their missions in Afghanistan, Iraq, and our secret battles in Africa.

 

maxresdefault-1

The Silent Soldier

 

imageedit_11_5448178417

Afghanistan War Casualties. (Photo: Public Domain)

During an operation in Kunduz province ,two U.S. soldiers were killed and two others were wounded along with dozens of civilians.

On Thursday, the U.S.-led military coalition stated that the U.S. troops came under attack “during a train, advise and assist mission with our Afghan partners to clear a Taliban position and disrupt the group’s operations.”

A spokesperson for Governor Asadullah Omarkhel, Mahmood Danish, said that airstrikes were called by Afghan special forces to push the militants back and to defend themselves.

During the attack, 26 Taliban were killed and 17 injured.

The U.S. Commander in the country, Gen. John W. Nicholson, was grieved over the loss of the two American military members, according to the Chicago Tribune.

“Today’s loss is heartbreaking and we offer our deepest condolences to the families and friends of our service members who lost their lives today,” she said in a statement. “Despite today’s tragic event, we are steadfast in our commitment to help our Afghan partners defend their nation.”

First B-52 strikes on the cave complex of Tora Bora, September 11, 2001

Actor Robert Duvall liked the smell of Napalm in the morning, we like the smell of burning towel heads.

The two American casualties have yet to be identified by NATO as they seek to inform their families, nor did they comment further on the soldier’s mission.

What is known about the mission is that Afghan special forces were attempting to capture or eliminate two senior Taliban commanders in Bous Kanahari which is just outside the city of Kunduz.

imageedit_8_4576623737

                                                                                                  A map showing the Afghan city of Kunduz. (Google Maps)

The two senior Taliban members being targeted were confirmed dead. Four Afghan soldiers were also killed along with six others wounded.

The city of Kunduz was captured for a short time by the Taliban in 2015 and eventually pushed out.

Last month, however, they fought their way back in and took control of several neighborhoods.

In 2014 President Barack Obama told the world that the combat mission in Afghanistan was over and done with.

However, since that time over 700 airstrikes have been carried out on Afghanistan by American warplanes.

Remaining in Afghanistan are nearly 9,000 American troops.

 

THE END

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s